Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Adam Bogusz - a family man

Our favourite spot - Adam Bogusz


"My passions in life are my family, my wife Sarah and my two awesome kids John and Sophie. I love painting and the freedom it gives me to work at home. I wouldn’t change it for anything."

"Bosusz says becoming a painter was partly a
quest for identity.
The artist concedes the other inpetus to
becoming a painter was financial. He wasn't
making a living from music and was still
living at home. However, Bogusz says it is
hard to be true to the creative impulse when
commercial considerations come into play.
"It's like this monkey over your head all the
time," he says. "When a gallery phones and
says, ''We could have sold that painting 20
times over', a part of me wants to rush off to
the studio and reproduce the work - almost
like rubber stamping. I've done that in the
past, but as soon as you do... something dies.
You don't know it is happening, but it's no
longer fresh."
Bogusz feels the best work results from
spontaneous moments. "The best way I can
describe it is when a piano player is able
to stop looking at the keys and just play
the music," he explains. "It's the same with
painting. When you're not thinking about
it and it just happens. There's such a sense
of magic and you have no control over it."

Affair - Arts and entertainment
I love Adam's almost naive style and his contrasting colours - there is so much life in his paintings.
The two works I own are two of the happiest places on my wall. Take a look at his impressive collection. Enjoy!

http://www.adambogusz.com.au/